Do you want to join the PMD team?
Are you self-motivated, ambitious and looking for a role which offers uncapped commission, a fantastic working environment and long-term career prospects?
PMD is one of the fastest growing asset finance companies in the UK and one of the largest brokers in the country. We are a team of driven, experienced and dynamic professionals with customer service, client retention and competitive edge at the core of what we do. We act fast and can deliver a range of flexible point of sale finance solutions to industry leading manufacturers and suppliers of capital equipment enabling them to sell more.
We are an ambitious company with an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director to join the team and become part of our journey. As an employer we genuinely care about each member of our team and their contribution to the business.
The successful candidate will contribute to the company’s growth and success by generating and developing strong partnerships with a wide range of suppliers.
- Making daily outbound calls to prospective new supplier partners with a view to building solid leads and securing pre-qualified appointments
- Gathering information, qualifying customers and selling PMD’s services.
- To accurately record all sales data on PMD’s CRM systems and sales pipelines.
- Working collaboratively and proactively with the sales team to generate income opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with potential customers and develop a good understanding of their business, enabling you to add value to their bottom line by offering relevant products and services where appropriate.
- Promote a positive and proactive approach to asset finance.
The successful candidate for the position of Business Development Director will possess the following experience and qualities:
- Track record in developing self-generated opportunities and long term relationships
- B2B Telesales experience desirable
- Minimum 12 months asset finance experience.
- Training and mentoring will be provided by he senior management team.
Attract and develop quality and profitable vendor relationships through various methods of lead generation.
- Primary method of lead generation is telephone canvassing however you are also required to generate and secure business through face to face meetings, exhibitions, and networking both online and offline.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and their key personnel including, but not limited to, management, sales and admin teams.
- Look to increase vendors lease penetration through both formal training and individual mentoring.
- Build and capitalise on each client relationship and look to upsell the facilities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with professional introducers, referral partners and funders.
- Develop and drive sales strategies to achieve set income targets.
- Keep up-to-date with market developments and changing customer needs.
- Provide excellent levels of service to all vendors and their clients.
- Support clients through ‘point of sale’ marketing initiatives, quote layouts, exhibition attendance etc.
- Successfully present and demonstrate to vendors how they can improve their profit margins by adopting ‘point of sale’ finance solutions – this may include face to face power point presentations.
- Keep up-to-date and comply with all relevant regulatory standards and internal policies.
- Understand credit appraisal fundamentals and the various credit appetites of the funding panel.
- Produce supporting documents to assist finance applications (write ups), illustrating the vendors’ ability to support the proposal.
- Work closely with sales support colleagues to ensure the sales process is efficient, effective and successful.
- Provide support and leadership to sales support colleagues to develop their skills in order to drive the success of the team.
- Positively contribute towards individual, departmental and company objectives.
- Be a passionate ambassador for PMD and a strong representative of the company’s brand, values, ethos and culture, both internally and externally at all times.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent attention to detail, provide the right advice first time.
- Proactive and tenacious with winning mentality, both independently and as part of a team.
- Personable with a sound moral compass.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is interested in developing their career within asset finance.
Join our team and be part of our journey!
Applications to be forwarded to email@example.com
Closing date 31st July 2019.