PMD are recruiting an Operations Manager
Job title: Operations Manager
Salary: £42,500 per annum
Annual performance related bonus
Annual leave: 23 days + bank hols
Company pension scheme in place
PMD is one of the fastest growing business finance intermediaries in the UK and one of the largest brokers in the country. We are a team of driven, experienced and dynamic professionals with customer service, client retention and competitive edge at the core of what we do. We act fast and can deliver a range of flexible and competitive finance solutions for all types of businesses.
We are an ambitious company with a unique and exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our team and become part of our journey. This is a new position within the organisation and is pivotal to the future growth and success of the business.
We are passionate about delivering a commercial, accurate and timely service to our customers and are keen to add an experienced people manager to our team who shares our enthusiasm for continuous improvement and dedication to delivering high standards of customer service.
As an employer we value the benefits of a good work life balance and promote a positive working environment. We genuinely care about each member of our team and their contribution to the business and our customers.
- You will report directly to the board of directors ensuring management are aware of business development opportunities, issues, and risks.
- Manage day-to-day operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives and policies.
- Implement process/systematic improvements throughout the business with a strong focus on performance, efficiency, customer service and profitability.
- Responsible for the direct management of the sales support team (current team of 9).
- Drive team performance through a robust and consistent approach to performance management.
- Motivate and lead the team to ensure objectives are met and targets achieved.
- Ensure your team are provided with sufficient resources, support and training to enable them to perform their role successfully.
- Implement systems to monitor and reduce error rates, working towards delivering a high level of service.
- Ensure company standards are met and delivered consistently.
- Promote the company’s purpose, values and behaviours at all times.
- Develop relationships across the business, understanding the wider business needs and ensuring all departments are working together effectively.
- Ensure the business complies with statutory regulations and policies.
- Drive and support the business through periods of change, placing significance on maintaining a team culture and a positive and successful working environment.
- Anticipate potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
- Effective resource planning to ensure business standards and service levels are continuously achieved.
- Effectively and efficiently manage customer complaints, maintaining strong customer relations.
- To represent PMD in a professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate for the position of Operations Manager will have the following experience and qualities:
- Rationale thinker with a sound commercial awareness and an understanding for business.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, business presentations and interpersonal communication and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Excellent time management / organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Must exhibit a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Desire to work within an ambitious team and provide customers with an excellent service.
- Ability to handle customer complaints in a calm and professional manner.
- Sound representative of PMD’s brand values, ethos and objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and tenacious with winning mentality, both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Personable with sound moral compass.
- Ability to work in a fast paced time driven environment as part of an ambitious team.
- Good knowledge of basic HR.
- Strong leader
- Positive and proactive
- Strong character
- Excellent communicator
- Extremely organised
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience managing and leading a small team. Previous project management experience essential. Background working within the business finance, insurance, banking industry preferable, but not essential. Good knowledge of regulatory standards such as FCA desirable, but not essential.
Join our team and become part of our journey!
Deadline for applications: 9.00am on Monday 18th February 2019, applications to be forwarded to email@example.com
Interviews to take place between 27th February 2019 and 6th March 2019.