PMD is looking for an experienced Underwriter / Credit Analyst
PMD is one of the fastest growing business finance intermediaries in the UK and one of the largest brokers in the country. We are a team of driven, experienced and dynamic professionals with customer service, client retention and competitive edge at the core of what we do. We act fast and can deliver a range of flexible and competitive finance solutions for all types of businesses.
We are an ambitious company with a unique and exciting opportunity for an Underwriter/Credit Analyst to join our team and become part of our journey. This is a new position within the organisation and is pivotal to the future growth and success of the business. You will report into Rob Dermody, Credit Director.
Currently we are handling around 200 credit proposals per month. It is crucial that these proposals are reviewed quickly, sales people are supported and their proposals are then sent to the most relevant funder from our panel.
As an employer, we value the benefits of a good work life balance and promote a positive working environment. We genuinely care about each member of our team and their contribution to the business and our customers.
- Report directly to Rob Dermody, PMD’s Credit Director
- Interact daily with PMD’s two Sales Directors and their respective sales teams to provide credit guidance by jointly reviewing files and at times, speaking to clients direct to gather further detail or information
- Build strong, positive relationships with the sales team
- Be approachable and supportive at all times
- Ensure larger or more complex transactions are compiled professionally before being submitted to funders
- Ensure that the right funder is chosen, finding the right balance between competitive offer to the client and income for PMD
- Discuss and debate credit applications with the underwriters from our funding panel
- Negotiate terms with our funders – rates, commissions and conditions on acceptances
- Contest and debate negative credit decisions with our funding panel
- Maintain cordial and respectful relationships with our funding panel even when a difference of opinion occurs
- Ensure we achieve funders conversion targets
- Coach Sales/Business Support colleagues on all aspects of credit appraisal
- Ensure the business complies with statutory regulations and policies
- Ensure company standards are met and delivered consistently
- Promote the company’s purpose, values and behaviours at all times
- To represent PMD in a professional manner at all times
The successful candidate for the position will have the following experience and qualities:
- Rationale thinker with a sound commercial awareness and an understanding for business
- Excellent communication skills in writing and in person and the ability to influence at all levels
- Thorough understanding of accounting information and credit appraisal
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels
- Excellent time management / organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Must exhibit a commitment to continuous improvement
- Desire to work within an ambitious team and provide customers with an excellent service
- Sound representative of PMD’s brand values, ethos and objectives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and tenacious with winning mentality, both independently and as part of a team
- Personable with sound moral compass
- Ability to work in a fast paced time driven environment as part of an ambitious team
- Positive and proactive
- Strong character
- Excellent communicator
- Extremely organised
- Annual performance related bonus
- Annual leave: 23 days + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme in place
Take your career to the next level and join a business that is raising the bar within our industry.
Send your CV and register your interest to email@example.com today.